Over seventy Practice Greenhealth partners have committed to reducing their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from food through plant-forward action through their commitment to the Cool Food Pledge. This cohort includes a mixture of levels of experience in executing plant-forward concepts which creates a good opportunity for peer-to-peer learning. Members will have the opportunity to share marketing and menuing strategies as well as data collection methodologies.
Target audience: Personnel responsible for implementing the Cool Food Pledge
Level: Intermediate to advanced
“We earned $49,774 more on our fresh mushroom blended burger compared to our original burger by marketing it simply as a “better burger.” We also reduced our CO2 emissions and made our customers happy.” – Dan Henroid, University of California San Francisco Medical Center
There are more than seventy Cool Food Pledge signatories from across the country. Below are some of the facilities represented in the cohort:
- Bayshore Medical Center
- Boston Medical Center
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital
- Carrier Clinic
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
- Froedtert Hospital
- Hackensack Meridian Health
- Hackensack University Medical Center (Adult and Children’s)
- Jack D. Weiler Hospital (Einstein)
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center (Adult and children’s)
- JFK Medical Center
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Montefiore Wakefield Hospital
- Montefiore Hospital Moses Campus
- Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital
- Mountainside Medical Center
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Ocean Medical Center
- Overlook Hospital
- Palisades Medical Center
- Pascack Valley Medical Center
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center
- Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
- Providence Medford Medical Center
- Providence Milwaukie Hospital
- Providence Newberg Medical Center
- Providence Portland Medical Center
- Providence Seaside Hospital
- Providence St Vincent Medical Center
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Old Bridge
- Riverview Medical Center
- Seattle Children's Hospital
- Southern Ocean Medical Center
- University of California Health Davis
- University of California Health Irvine
- University of California Health Los Angeles
- University of California Health San Diego
- University of California Health San Francisco
- UPMCMagee-Women's Hospital
- UW Health: American Family Children’s Hospital,
- UW Health: The American Center Hospital.
- UW Health: University Hospital
- Virginia Mason Hospital and Seattle Medical Center
February 14, 2023 4:00 PM EST
Topic: Cool Food data collection
- How have you engaged and motivated vendors to gather data for Cool Food reports?
- What strategies have been successful in collecting data?
April 18, 2023 4:00 PM EST
Topic: The 6th P - Pricing strategies
- How have you used pricing to incentivize making a plant-forward choice?
- Have pricing incentives been effective in accomplishing your goals?
July 18, 2023 4:00 PM EST
Topic: Cool Food and Scope 3: How to utilize Cool Food to meet climate targets
- How are you using Cool Food to contribute to your organization's climate goals?
- How does Cool Food contribute to targets from other bodies such as the Joint Commission?
October 17, 2023 4:00 PM EST
Topic: Cool Food 2022 reports
- What were your major takeaways from your Cool Food report?
- How is the report informing goal setting and/or communication strategies in your facility or system?
Ready to get started? Register today.
Sessions take place on a recurring basis using Zoom as the meeting platform. To join this cohort or any of the other cohorts, please register today. If you have discussion topic ideas or want to invite a peer, please contact the cohort facilitator.
Recent session presentations